Period of implementation of the project:
2020 & ongoing
- Textile sector is the second most polluting industry for the environment.
- Fashion sector is the cause of almost 10% of the total carbon emissions over the world.
- The fact that each year, about 8 million tons of plastic waste ends in the oceans.
- As a lingerie retail company sells clothes that touching the customers’ skin directly, providing the correct cloth handle for comfort while using the recycled materials.
- • Providing the recycled collection with reasonable and accessible prices for the customers.
- Clarifying and proving the safety of the products made from recycled plastic for the customers.
- Ensuring the quality and performance standards of the fabric made from the recycled fiber and providing the features of the fabric to be suitable for everyday and long-term use.
- Providing the color continuity of the different recycled components that used on the same products.
It is not enough for a fashion company to aim for sustainable collections, but also the company should provide these collections with reasonable prices for the customers. By this way, the customers will be able to
access and prefer more sustainable
alternatives, and challenge other brands to provide environment-friendly collections. On the purpose of presenting our recycled I’M IN collection to our customers with reasonable prices, we had a partnership with our project-partners and suppliers for our sustainable goals and for creating the change together. Since the aim for us and our partners is to achieve a sustainable goal, we were able to negotiate and keep the prices on a reasonable level together.
- For the purpose of maintaining the quality standards of the recycled fabric and other raw materials, a special yarn twist development was applied, and the end products passed the quality tests and
became suitable for long-term use.
- In an effort to provide the color continuity between different components, special colorant groups were applied.
- With the intent of ensuring the customers about the safety of the recycled yarn for the human health, we applied chemical and
physical safety tests in the accredited test laboratory, and organized wear tests in order to measure products’ performance. As a result, we were able to clarify the concerns of the customer about the recycled plastic usage.
- Within the scope of the project, only in 2020, 1 million plastic bottles and more than 5 tons of industrial nylon wastes were recycled.
- As a result of using the recycled materials, 45% of energy saving, and 20% of water saving were achieved. The greenhouse
emission was reduced by 30% during the production.
- With the I’M IN Project, we have become the first Turkish retail company that has won “Leading The Change” award (Champions of Sustainability Awards). By the virtue of this achievement, we have challenged other Turkish retail companies and led the change that has recently started in Turkey’s sustainability journey.
About the company:
Penti is a woman bodywear (intimate, homewear, beachwear, activewear, hosiery) retail company that aims to make women’s lives easier, happier and more colorful with its basic, functional, trendy and innovative products suitable for everday’s needs, desires and trends. With its sustainable and eco-friendly work processes and materials, Penti aspires to offer solutions for customers’ desires without harming to earth, the ecosystem and the all creatures living in it.
Sustainable Development Goals
Unifi – Repreve