WOMEN EMPOWERMENT PRINCIPLES IN ACTION: Integration of Gender Equality Principles into Business
Period of implementation of the project:
2019 – current days
Goal: To create a corporate system to support women empowerment, to promote the principles of gender equality and to counteract the spread of gender discrimination and violence.
Key project objectives:
- Conducting a corporate audit of the company’s gender balance and pay equity
- Creating a corporate parenting support program, promoting equal responsibility for raising a child
- Creating a corporate program to counteract domestic violence
- Implementation of a gender-balanced recruitment and promotion system
- Ensuring advocacy for gender equality in the Ukrainian society and among employers
The expansion of partnership to promote the 5 Sustainable Development Goals, combating violence and discrimination by:
- The usage of the WEPs Gender Gap Analysis Tool to evaluate the company’s practices and analyze the progress made;
- The development of an annual plan, including integration of the principle of gender equality and non-discrimination in all key aspects of the company’s work: recruitment and human capital management, content creation, cooperation with contractors and partners, advocacy of the media group;
- Creating a specialized department for sustainable development and involvement of employees in the development and implementation of projects in the field of gender equality;
- Creating a corporate parenting support program and projects to promote equal involvement in a parenthood;
- development of an action plan to counteract domestic violence and establish zero tolerance for all forms of discrimination;
- coverage of problems and current barriers for achieving gender equality in Ukraine in news and special projects of the media group;
- The overall gender balance of the organization – 53% women, 47% men
- At the top management level – 56% women, 44% men
- Internal promotions – 49% women
- No gender pay gap
- The first in Ukraine corporate program to combat domestic violence was created and launched. It includes assistance / support to victims in the following areas: psychological, legal, security, labor, financial, logistics.
- Recruitment, vacancies and job descriptions are based on the principle of gender neutrality and reporting on the company’s commitment to gender equality.
- Gender equality advocates are identified in StarLightMedia News. Regular coverage of the topic is provided by journalists of Vikna-Novyny and Fakty website.
- StarLightMedia indicator in the WEPs Gender Gap Analysis Tool has increased 4.2 times. In 2019, it was 11% out of 100. Currently, it is 47%.
About the company:
StarLightMedia – Ukrainian company leader in the production and distribution of content for television and digital platforms.