Period of implementation of the project:
UKRSIBBANK as a part of the international BNP Paribas Group adheres to the principles of corporate social responsibility. UKRSIBBANK, as one of the leaders in the banking sector in Ukraine, plays a central role in financing the economy and understands the importance of its positive impact for a better future for next generations.
According to the official statistics, about 450 children with Down syndrome are born in Ukraine every year. World experience shows that limiting the social opportunities of children has a negative impact on the development of the society. Unfortunately, even in the 21st century, due to societal bias, an “extra” chromosome can shatter hopes for a happy future. However, thanks to special development programs and inclusive education, children with Down syndrome can study, work, be creative and be full-fledged members of society.
This project aims to improve the quality of life of children and young people with Down syndrome
UKRSIBBANK applies several solutions to help people with Down syndrome develop during 2019-2020
- Issuance of payment card “Silver Coin” – from each transaction by the clients’ cards the bank transfers 1 UAH of the means in favor of “Down Syndrome” Charity Fund for carrying out employment in the specialized Center of early development of children with Down syndrome, for distribution of development programs of speech and reading, seminars, consultations for parents, printing of special literature, etc.
The total number of “Silver Coin” payment cards at the moment is 26,200.
- Organization and holding of the “Silver Coin” Promotion action – every year for 3 months together with clients we raise funds to create quality conditions for pre-vocational training of young people with Down syndrome.
- Creation of an information platform “Partnership for Positive Change” for career guidance of young people with Down syndrome in the framework of schooling and their acquisition of knowledge and skills that will be needed for future employment.
- Providing grants to the best socio-pedagogical projects that will contribute to the formation of a comfortable inclusive environment for children with special educational needs.
- Online course “We teach with joy!”. The course is designed for primary school teachers with inclusive education and special schools.
Results of 2019
- Support for the program of children early accompanying from birth to 3 years in the Center for Early Development of Down Syndrome Charity Fund – the bank transferred more than 330 thousand UAH.
- Partnership in the organization of the international conference “Training and employment of people with Down syndrome: practical solutions and new opportunities” was dedicated to school pre-vocational training, employment and independent living of people with Down syndrome. Financial participation of the bank – more than 270 thousand UAH.
- Selection and award of grants for the best regional projects aimed at supporting young people with mental disabilities. The aim was to support initiatives that contribute to the creation of better pre-vocational training and career guidance for young people with Down syndrome and other mental disorders in school education. The total amount of grants is UAH 180,000.
- Launch of the online course “Teaching with joy”. The course is designed for primary school teachers with inclusive education and special schools. It is also useful for assistants who accompany a child with Down syndrome or other intellectual disabilities, as well as parents of such children. The bank’s expenses amounted to UAH 170,000.
In 2020, the above activities will be implemented to the same extent (except for the online course)
Company: JOINT STOCK COMPANY “UKRSIBBANK”
About the company:
UKRSIBBANK BNP Paribas Group is one of the leaders in the banking sector of Ukraine.
We strive to make the financial life of our clients rewarding, safe and simple. UKRSIBBANK has been operating in the Ukrainian market since 1990.