Practical experience in implementing environmental solutions for the health and longevity of the population of Ukraine
Period of implementation of the project:
Reducing the negative impact of paintwork on human health and raising the public awareness of the use of environmental solutions in interior finishing.
implementation of the long-term project “Breathe to the fullest”, which:
- raises awareness and culture of public consumption of environmental solutions in interior finishing;
- offers the society a wide range of safe goods available in Ukraine for finishing and repair;
- improves the microclimate in the premise where safe materials were used;
- optimizes the supply chain to the consumer;
- provides clear and understandable conditions for cooperation with partners;
- creates a community of partners and specialists in Ukraine, familiar with the issues of environmental friendliness of materials and solutions;
- encourages other participants in the coatings industry and relevant government authorities to raise the intra-industry standards of production of goods and to reflect a reliable indexation of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
- implemented training program for employees, partners, foremen, designers, architects and other professionals about work with environmental solutions, on an ongoing basis;
- medical advisers and HP communities are involved in communicating the dangers of VOC exposure;
- promotion of the project on the company’s information resources, national media, sponsorship projects and own initiatives;
- the Technical Regulation on the Limitation of Emissions of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) which follows European Directive EC/2004/42 has entered into force in Ukraine;
- the new formulations of products with a minimized amount of VOC were developed and materials that meet the internal environmental standard (ELF = 0.7 g/l VOC) were introduced into the range, which is 75 times safer than in the requirements of the Ukrainian regulations;
- shortened supply chain due to:
- transferring part of the production program from the manufacturing facilities in Germany to the ones in Ukraine;
- implementation of an investment project for the production of water-borne varnishes, enamels and blues in Ukraine;
- simplification of work processes through the electronic document management and online services for the purchase of company goods.
Company: Subsidiary Enterprise “Caparol Ukraine”
About the company:
DAW SE Group (Deutsche Amphibolin Werke, Germany), represented in Ukraine by the Subsidiary Enterprise “Caparol Ukraine” and the Production Company “Caparol Dnipro”, has been a system leader in innovative technologies in the field of coatings since 1895.