OpenTech crowdsourcing platform
Period of implementation of the project:
Over the years, SoftServe has received a number of charitable requests from different organizations or individuals. It is a part of our DNA to investigate the core of the problem and then find the best possible solution. Thus, our associates eagerly contribute to these projects that we know will have a profound social impact, by sharing their expertise, skills, and dedicating their time.
Throughout 2020, we built a framework and created a crowdsourcing platform to systematically engage associates into pro bono projects that address pressing social issues. In early 2021, the OpenTech crowdsourcing platform was successfully launched.
OpenTech exists to further extend SoftServe’s positive impact to the communities we work and live in. For this purpose, our volunteering project are aligned with global SoftServe CSR focuses:
- Supporting healthcare
- Empowering communities
- Helping people in need
- Building solutions towards DE&I
- Promoting environmental responsibility
- Boosting innovations and smart city initiatives
- Enhancing education
Over the past 2 years we developed partnerships with UNICEF, UNFPA, Viber, TripAdvisor, local governmental and social institutions, and charitable foundations to support their social, educational and medical projects. In scope of these partnerships and through the OpenTech resource, we were able to support positive changes for society.
By forming the OpenTech community and launching the platform we can form numerous partnerships that:
- Provide quality and effective solutions of social problems through the involvement of technology
- Provide a good example of business, government and public sector cooperation
- Set an example for other socially active businesses
- Have a positive impact on our employer brand and our corporate reputation
- Develop a visible portfolio to demonstrate the expertise (for both the volunteers and the company)
- Create an effective tool for increasing eNPS and employee’s engagement through purposeful work and building new social ties with the company in the conditions of long-term remote work
- volunteers completed or partially implemented 14 pro bono projects,
- more than 190 volunteers joined the OpenTech
- 18 projects for educational, environmental and other public organizations are in the active phase of development
- More than 2,500 unique OpenTech platform visitors with over 14,000 total views
5 technological solutions to help fighting the Covid-19 pandemic:
RESOURCE WITH UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION ON THE DISTRIBUTION OF COVID-19 IN UKRAINE 8 technical solutions for non-profitable organizations, state institutions and culture funds:
SYNCHRONIZATION SERVICE FOR PERFORMANCES AT THE LVIV PUPPET THEATER
Company: SoftServe Inc.
About the company:
SoftServe is one of the largest software development companies in Central and Eastern Europe and the largest Ukrainian service IT company.
Sustainable Development Goals
Grains of Truth Museum, ACLS Emergency Training Center, Lviv regional council, Care in Action NGO, Dnipropetrovsk Regional Clinical Center of Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery, Bulgarian Government, Rakuten Viber, Tripadvisor, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Slack, Ukrainian cultural foundation, Zero Waste Lviv, UNICEF Ukraine, Plast – Ukrainian scouting organization, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Euro-Atlantic Course NGO, Nasze Wsparcie, Osvita Nova, Prekrasa studio, Center for Public Health of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, Lviv Puppet Theater, Tarilka NGO, Teach in Ukrainian, State Historical and Cultural Reserve “Tustan”, Ukraine Without Waste NGO, Ukraїner, Ministry of Culture and Information Policy of Ukraine, Ukrainian Volunteer Service, UNFPA Ukraine