GLOBAL SUSTAINABILITY PROGRAMME «TOGETHER TOWARDS ZERO»
Period of implementation of the project:
The Programme identifies four Sustainability Ambitions: ZERO carbon footprint, ZERO water waste, ZERO irresponsible drinking and a ZERO accidents culture underpinned with strong and measurable targets for 2022 and 2030
Targets of 2022:
- 50% reduction in carbon emissions at our breweries
- 100% electricity from renewable sources at our breweries
- ZERO coal use at our breweries
- 15% reduction in beer-in-hand carbon footprint
- 25% reduction in water usage at our breweries
- 2.5 hl/hl water usage
- 2.0 hl/hl water usage at all breweries
- partnering to safeguard shared water resources
- 100% responsible drinking messaging through packaging and brand activations
- expand offering of alcohol-free brews (AFBs) to 100%
- reduction in accidents rate year on year
Targets of 2030:
- ZERO carbon emissions at our breweries
- 30% reduction in beer-in-hand carbon footprint
- 50% reduction in water efficiency for brewing
- 1.7 hl/hl water usage
- strengthen partnerships to safeguard shared water resources
- annual improvement with regard to responsible consumption in our markets
- ZERO lost-time accidents
- ZERO carbon footprint
- Utilising biogas. In 2019, 11% of natural gas was replaced by biogas, extracted at treatment plants from our own wastewater before it is discharged into the public sewer.
- Returnable glass bottles. In 2019,the company reused about 136 million glass bottles, which accounts for 44% of the total beer volume sold in secondary glass packaging.
- ZERO water waste
- The Carlsberg Group breweries in Ukraine feature one of the highest rates in terms of the water-use efficiency. It owes to multiple projects, including water recycling for technical purposes.
- ZERO irresponsible drinking
Expanding the choice of alcohol-free brews (AFBs). Since the beginning of the programme, the company’s AFBs portfolio has grown by 4%.
Annually, we joins the World Day of Responsible Beer Consumption. In 2019, the company’s employees visited sellers at 20,000 POS to help prevent underage sales.
- ZERO accidents culture
The company continues training efforts, ensures the protective equipment for the personnel, and engages with suppliers to promote and support the Health & Safety ambition.
Company: Carlsberg Ukraine
About the company:
The main activities of WWF-Ukraine are protection of forests, water, conservation of flora and fauna, climate change, etc. WWF-Ukraine mission is to stop degradation of natural systems and build a future in which people and nature will live in harmony.