Period of implementation of the project:
July 2020 – August 2021
The aim of the project is to draw attention to the gender pay gap as one of the main indicators of violation of labor rights and discrimination against women and to promote the pay gap reduction.
– equip employers, public officials, and trade unions with knowledge on combating violence and discrimination in the workplace;
– raise awareness of local authorities about real situation with respect to women’s labor rights;
– increase the knowledge of the labor market actors on the labor legislation including the most recent legislative initiatives, and conduct awareness campaign against gender stereotypes;
– increase the knowledge of labor rights and labor legislation among women;
– advocate for setting up children’s rooms in patrol police units for the children of police employees.
- Conduct seminars for women on labor legislation;
- Conduct round tables for employers, government officials, government agencies on labor and social protection, trade unions, business associations to address gender stereotypes affecting employment decisions and leading to discrimination in the workplace;
- Develop Recommendations to the state authorities, labor rights protection bodies and employment centers of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, based on the results of the project;
- Monitor compliance with recommendations;
– reached 250 people with information and training events;
– engaged 88 small and medium enterprises in the project;
– 216 women from from Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts received knowledge on gender equality and labor rights during seminars “Know your rights”;
– 150 business representatives took part in round tables. The events resulted in the signing of Memoranda of Cooperation between NGO “Smarta” and 23 enterprises and organizations;
– The media campaign on the radio on gender stereotypes lasted for six months and covered the audience of the regional centers of Donetsk and Luhansk regions and neighboring districts with 1,080 media appearances;
– 13 recommendations were developed and sent to the authorities on combating discrimination in the workplace.
Company: NGO “Smarta”
About the company:
The NGO “Smart Association” aims to protect the rights and freedoms of women; meet their economic, social, cultural, environmental and other interests, increase their role and social status in society.
Since it’s establishment in 2016, “Smarta” has been implementing activities in the eastern regions of Ukraine aimed at increasing the role of women in society and creating conditions for its self-realization; assistance to women crises, including domestic violence and gender based violence; involvement of women in the peacekeeping process.
Sustainable Development Goals
The project was implemented by NGO “Smarta” in the framework of the “Women of Ukraine: Heard, Capable, Resilient” project, implemented by Pact and funded by the Government of Canada