Care about safety
Period of implementation of the project:
The pandemic has become a difficult challenge for the whole country, and especially for regions and individual communities. With the spread of coronavirus infection in Ukraine, the Company decided to implement charitable initiatives to join the joint nationwide fight against the COVID-19 pandemic and help some of the poorest medical institutions and the population in the Company’s production areas.
- The initiative – Modern Hospital to Community. This project funded the purchase of equipment, protective equipment and essential medicines for 10 basic central district hospitals (first wave medical facilities).
- “Charitable Assistance to Communities”. The project team aimed to provide all communities in which the Company operates local clinics and basic district medical facilities with means to prevent the spread of infection. The implementation involved overcoming such problems and risks as the absolute resource deficit, wide geography and the danger of movement through the country during the period of active spread of infection, as well as disruption of supplies due to the crisis in the country.
- Charitable project to support Ukrainian hospitals in partnership with the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. We purchased medical equipment to hospitals in 19 regions of Ukraine.
- External independent assessment, a single entrance exam and a single professional entrance test are the main tools for maintaining transparency and integrity in determining learning outcomes and admission to higher education institutions. By working together with the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, the UNICEF Foundation in Ukraine and the Swiss Embassy in Ukraine, they provided the safest conditions for the exams. We financed the purchase of 3.2 million medical masks, more than 20,000 liters of disinfectants and 1200 insulating bathrobes for all regions of Ukraine. This allowed to make the testing process safe.
- We paid for the repair of 49 iVent 201 artificial lung ventilators and transferred them to medical institutions in 12 regions of Ukraine.
- 10 central district hospitals received equipment and emergency facilities to take measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus infection as soon as possible
- 236 communities in 11 oblasts of Ukraine, central district and city hospitals, district centers of primary health care served the population in the territories of the Company’s production activities were provided free of charge with scarce means of protection, disinfectors and electronic infrared thermometers;
- 287 hospitals in 19 regions of Ukraine received much-needed medical equipment (mobile X-ray machines, patient monitors, ultrasound diagnostic systems and biological protection suits);
- 24 regional departments of education and the Department of Education and Science of Kyiv were fully provided with means of protection and disinfectants for external independent assessment, a single entrance exam and a single professional entrance test;
- 49 ventilators, which had malfunctions and had not been used for many years, were repaired and returned to the hospital.
Company: Ukrgasvydobuvannya JSC
About the company:
JSC Ukrgasvydobuvannya is the largest gas production company in the country, which belongs to the Naftogaz Group and provides about 73% of gas production in the country. The company operates in 12 regions of Ukraine in 236 communities.